We had another successful workshop in April. We appreciate the feedback from our participants and it helps determine our agenda for the next workshop. Here is what the exit slips revealed.
Do you have any ideas for topics or presenters for future PERC workshops?
· Indigenous perspectives
· Keeping the connection between school and public libraries – reading buddies program, schools identifying and helping to connect this to public library programming especially through the summer
· How can schools / school libraries and public libraries support each other?
· ILL’s and FILL
· PLS (Public Library Services)
· Information literacy (internet searching)
· How to organize your library (Dewey; genre; colour code?)
· How to “genre-fy”
· Making effective book displays
· Would love to hear Sally Bender speak again!
· More authors! He was very interesting – love learning about writing process
· Publisher? How does a book get published?
· Other resources available to us – MB Ed. Lib. was great!
· Makerspace lady was very informative as well!
· More authors – Carol Matas (Wpg)
· I really enjoyed the Makerspace presentation and would love to learn more
· More information about picture books and how to give book talks
· Writer’s Workshop for Middle Years
· Presenter that PERC had about 7 years ago with an emphasis on writing – Syd Korsunsky (from Winnipeg)
· aSuggested speaker- Brenda Mutcher - Making a priority to visit the public library twice a year and to do a scavenger hunt within the library, and how she encourages the kids to read and belong to the summer reading program
· Teachers encouraging students to visit public libraries throughout the year and teach kids that a public library is a “safe” place you can go if needed
· Literacy strategies
· Library specific Makerspaces
· Love “Sal’s Addiction”!
· Love it when you do the book recommendations
· Very good day – thank you!
· I like hearing about what you guys are up to but don’t have the time to join committees. Please keep keeping our schools in the loop J
· Thanks so much for all your work in planning today’s session. It has been packed with great content! Thanks!
· Only consideration might be to have session at a location that has wifi access for devices other than cell phones so we can check into resource online in networking time.